Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday

Hey Everyone! You know the feeling when you come home from the beach and take a shower but you still have sand all over you? That's where I am right now. No matter how much I scrub my head, behind my ears, between my toes, or in my belly button, the sand won't go away. Anyway, I woke up at about 9:30 am this morning, which I realized was way past the time of the Husky game/when it would end. I turned on my laptop with my fingers crossed and praying to god that the Huskies won. As the bracket loaded a closed my eyes and slowly opened them, I read "Connecticut" in the first box and I peeked below and. . . "Purdue." I am not going to lie, I almost started crying. Especially when I saw the score. I was way to heart broken to watch a replay of the game, so I decided to watch the press conference after. This ended up making me sadder than I was to begin with. Over the years I have realized that I really respect Jon Brockman as not just a basketball player, but a team player. To think that he won't be playing next season makes me sad. I am hoping my future husband can step up and try to fill the very big shoes. (FYI. Matthew Bryan-Ammaning) Anyway, as I said, I was at the beach for most of the afternoon/evening. The beach was gorgeous. It was like one of the scenes you see in a movie and you think to yourself, "wow, I really want to go there." Guess what? I went there! And I swam in the water and of course had Brisbane's famous fish & chips. Loved the chips, not so much the fish, but what else is new? I got tan today as well. And unfortunately, a bit sun burnt on my face, but it is nothing that bad. (Sorry Mom and Dad-- I did put on sunscreen, I swear!) My host brother and I walked to an ice cream shop after dinner called "Cold rock," which is a spin-off "Cold Stone." As far as I am concerned, Cold Stone tastes--and sounds--much better. Well, I am off to bed because I am ridiculously tired. Oh! One more thing! I might get to play basketball tomorrow! The school club team is having try-outs and although I am not allowed to play (because the athletic director decided to be b*tchy about it, and say that I do not go to the school, so I shouldn't be allowed to play a sport) I might be able to practice with them. What is a major bummer is that it costs $180 to play basketball here, I would rather play basketball on my own time and spend that money on something that will last. Have a good night/day!
P.S. Mom & Dad- I just thought about it, but my 6 months are up! Which means I can drive all of my friends whenever I want to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.