Saturday, March 21, 2009
Bruises, Barbies, and Basketball
Hey Everyone! Despite it being only 4:05 pm, I am exhausted and ready to go to bed. I got up at 6:50 am to get ready and go to my host "brother's" last cricket match of the season. The game started at 8:00 am, so we had to leave the house at about 7:30 am. I was able to keep myself awake in the car ride by listening to some intense rock music on my host brother's iPod. My host family was hosting a "barbie" after the game, so attached to the car was a trailer filled with chairs, a bbq, and all the supplies you need to feed over 30 parents, 12 year olds, and other people who were there. In a nutshell, cricket looks easy, but is confusing. It is a very slow game, that lasted for four hours (and that is just when you are twelve years old). In the professional leagues, their are two different types of game. The first one goes on for 6 hours and 45 minutes and the second one lasts for 5 days, playing for 6 hours each day. You would think that if you had to watch a match for that long it would be exciting. Anyway, we had the BBQ after and it was good. We drove home and my host brother decided that he was going to teach me how to play cricket. The balls that they play with are extremely hard, which resulted in major bruising on my legs and ankles. I decided that I could only take the heat/playing cricket for 10 minutes. We returned to the house and I opened my laptop to catch up with the games I missed. I actually started watching the Ohio State and Siena game with 5:00 left to go in the second half. I was definitely surprised with the outcome of that game and several others today. I actually just found out that I am leaving to go out to dinner in 15 minutes and I am not even close to being ready. I will write more tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.