Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lazy Sundays

Hey Everyone! I apologize for being such a slacker lately! What is funny is that I don't have an excuse for it. One might usually say, "I have been super busy studying for an exam, painting a new picture, and climbing mountains," but I definitely don't have an excuse like that. In general, I haven't been doing much. All of the girls have been studying their butts off for exams coming up tomorrow through Thursday. I will be so happy once they finish exams and go on holiday. I have come to the realization that my days at Stuartholme are numbered. I am actually going to go into school tomorrow to take one of their exams which is called the QCS (Queensland Core Skills). In a way, it is Queensland's version of the SAT. It'll be interesting to see what their standard tests are like. But Monday is sort of the last day that I will be able to see everyone at school. So I am obviously bringing my camera to take pictures. I am sure you guys will find their uniforms quite funny, complete with a straw hat and black shoes that look like clogs. I don't want to sound too depressed but I am actually sad to be leaving Stuartholme. Despite the classes being extremely boring-- I have made friends who will hopefully be my friends for a long time. And with each day that passes by, it becomes harder to say goodbye. I am trying not to dwell on it that much-- but by the looks of this blog, it seems pretty pathetic.

Alright, on a different note, I went to my first rugby game last night! I took pictures on my camera that I will upload in a few days. But rugby is so cool! And I always thought it was so hard to understand, but it so easy to get! I went to the Queensland Reds game and they played the New Zealand Chiefs. The Reds played badly and lost 50-26. For those of you who aren't familiar with rugby, it is a mix between football (without the padding or stopping/starting all the time), soccer (you are allowed to kick), and basketball (you can dribble the ball).

I can't think of anything else to talk about at the moment. I should get going because I have a load of laundry to do that I should probably get working on. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.