Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Biology Class

Biology class today was definitley one I will never forget. First of all, on Wednesday's I have a double block of Biology. Meaning I am in the class from 1:20-3:00 pm. The main thing that we were doing in class today was, disecting toads. The students were directed to catch a toad, put it into a carton, seal the carton, and put it in the freezer to kill it. Anyway, once we got into class we started the disection. I am going to leave out the details and make the story short, so basically. . . toads have long tongues, their fat is orange, their blood looks more purple than red, and their stomach is small, but can hold up to 6 cochroaches in it. Gross huh? Now for the even more exciting part! I faced my fear today and was pressured into holding a snake. I was so nervous! The snakes name was Mr. Carol, and he was very popular. He is 7 years old and has never bitten anyone in his life. I turned bright red as the sceince teacher put it around my neck. It was the weirdest feeling ever! The head came up to my face, so I was staring right at it. And it stuck its tongue out at me and "kissed" my face. Several girls got pictures of it and I am going to be featured in the newsletter. I will make sure to post a photo on here once I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.