Friday, April 10, 2009

My speech

Hey Everyone,
Public speaking isn't exactly my forte, so work with me. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Bekka ande I've sort of been going to school here since February. But technically, I don't even go here. When I am not getting in trouble for my lack of uniform or wearing "thongs," I am usually sitting in the library attempting to keep up with my school work at home, dissecting a toad or bull's heart, talking about a play in drama that I have never read, drawing pictures in math class, trying to perfect my Australian accent, and answering questions about the United States, such as, "Is the Upper Eastside of New York really like it is in Gossip Girl?!"

I have learned a lot of important life lessons by attending Stuartholme. 1. I learned that just because possums are in the locker area, does not mean you need to call an exterminator. 2. School lasagna is good if you give it a chance. 3. Badges are a big deal. . . I think. 4. Stuartholme girls are not picky eaters, you will eat whatever you like without any hesitation about it. 5. Nail polish is a no-no here. 6. Carrying your backpack in the library is potentially dangerous. 7. The words conge and gouter, which are words that my school says are things that are commonly known at every Sacred heart school, are non existant here. And I sound dumb when I ask when your next Conge is. 8. It isn't just my school that panics when the internet is down for over two minutes, 9. Morning tea is just another word for early lunch, which results in being able to go to meetings or studying for exams during the real lunch time, and 10. I have so much respect for people who take the QCS and actually semi-understand it. When I took the QCS on Monday I decided it was too hard for me and that I would write a biography about myself in Spanish instead of answering a question about Greenland.

So in a nutshell, thank you all for everything. FYI, this part is about to sound generic and cliche. I'd like to thank Ms. Moran for everything she has done to make my stay great. I'd also like to thank Mrs. Bell and my biology class for helping me face my fear of snakes and toads. I'd also like to thank all the friends I have made here for millions of reasons that can't be put into words. I'd especially like to thank Kaitie, Catherine and Louise, Lily, and Georgia for providing me with a place to live when I thought I would have to rent a hotel room in the city. So thank you for the good times, weird times, awkward times, and fun times. I wish you all the best. Oh--and to all the seniors, just remember that when school gets intense, that you only have 228 days left until graduation. :)

I love you guys & I'll miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.